O-Town Graphics

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Raytracing

I've started working on a raytracer early this weekend. I've also started learning the mathematics surrounding Illumination, thanks to Eric Lengyel's excellent book. Eric created some sample problems at the end of each chapter and it proves very useful as a way to test yourself with the mathematics and verify your results. I wish more computer graphic books would include answered exercises at the end of the book.

I've now designated Panera Bread as my study area of choice. The free refills on the coffee, the earth-tone lighting, and the large table next to an outlet proves the perfect formula to learn new things. Without an internet connection to distract you, it is much easier to focus on the tasks at hand!! Try it out and let me know what you think. It is easier to get things done when all distractions have been eliminated and free coffee refills are aplenty!

It is ashame though, aside from the Panera Bread and Starbucks, East Orlando doesn't have the same yuppie frills I have grown to know when living in Hyde Park, Tampa. College towns are like 3rd world countries in comparison. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home